Tuesday, October 30, 2007

welcome!

welcome to my blog! i've wanted to do this for awhile, and luckily today i was inspired to just do it! i wanted to wait until i had designed my new identity (which is done for the most part), or a website up and running (which is still slowing coming together), or this and that... too many excuses i guess. instead of thinking about it too much, how about i just start writing? so, here i am! thanks to kathy from heaven's eye photography for suggesting i do this :) i was introduced to her through my friend deidra, and had the pleasure of meeting her and her ADORABLE son today for coffee. kathy took a few amazing photos of deidra's newborn son last month that i used in his baby announcement (see below), and after seeing her work online i knew i needed to meet her in person! i love getting to know other artists and hearing why they do the things they do... kathy definitely has a passion and amazing talent for photography, and our coffee date left me totally inspired. it just got me thinking about what i do, and how excited i am for all that is ahead... both at my day job (packaging design) and with my freelance work (wedding invites and baby announcements!) i love what i do, and am really blessed to have the opportunity to do it. i'm also so lucky to have the support from my loved ones! john, my amazing husband of 1 year, 3 months and 1 day, was so wonderful this summer as i began my wedding invitation business. he was so patient on the evenings and weekends that i locked myself in my office to get work done, and always offered the oh-so-important back rub after i had been sitting hunched over my desk for too many hours! the best was coming home one day from work and seeing half of the mcdaniel/nahas wedding programs assembled! we're talking 350 fan programs, 5 steps to assemble each one... LOTS of time to even just do half. i wanted to cry, it was just the sweetest thing. and he did such a great job, too, so that made it even better! he's now my official assistant :) so, stay tuned for more entries, samples of my work, and just random blabbing about life and how great it is! xoxo linz marie

1 comment:

Heaven's Eye Phtotography said...

I kind of knew you were the type to jump right on a task once it got into your mind...sorry for the label:) I am so glad that I was able to inspire you in any form...your passion was contagious for me as well and I know you are going to do great things. I look forward to working with you again in the future, or just hangin' out. K